Functions Of Tea Research Institute
The key functions of Tea Research Institute are drawn from its mandate. The broad functions of the Institute include the following:
- To improve and manage the germplasm for enhanced tea production in Kenya;
- To advise on soil fertility, inputs application and plant nutrition;
- To develop appropriate technologies for tea processing and value adding in tea;
- To develop environment friendly, pest and disease management methods;
- To develop management tools for quality tea production; and
- To facilitate the transfer and dissemination of developed tea technologies and assess their impact on tea production.